Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
You as a Healthcare Leader: Effective Leadership in Health Services
The importance of reflecting on individual strengths
What’s the key to being an effective leader in healthcare services, and what are the tools to help you get there?
This self-paced leadership course will help you become a more persuasive and convincing leader through the consideration of specific methods and resources.
You’ll have the opportunity to examine models of reflective practice alongside the importance of engaging in reflective practice and soliciting feedback as a lifelong learner.
The course will help you to understand, develop, and use emotional intelligence to improve how you guide your co-workers. You’ll also learn how to put your personal values, qualities and beliefs to good use in the workplace.
Understand your co-workers using the Myers Briggs test
The MBTI test, or Myers Briggs test, will show you what personality types support good leadership.
The Myers Briggs personality test is a powerful tool used to gain insight into people’s strengths and weaknesses by exploring their personality types. It’s often used to improve performance in organisations and to develop better self-awareness as a leader.
You’ll learn how to better understand your own skills and how to achieve your goals through personal development planning.
Develop emotional intelligence skills and learn the value of communication in leadership
What are the values, beliefs and qualities of successful leaders in global healthcare? You’ll explore how your own personal values can help you provide better leadership.
You’ll examine how to develop emotional intelligence and the role it plays in leadership, how to communicate with impact, and what the essential values of a leader are.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate methods and exploratory tools to identify strengths and development areas as a future leader
- Analyse psychometric tools to gain personal insight
- Understand the key elements of emotional intelligence and how to develop it
- Reflect on personal values, beliefs and qualities in relation to interpersonal skills
- Understand methods to gain feedback on you as a leader and manager and how to use it
- Examine reflective practice models and practices
- Apply techniques to communicate with impact
- Compare personal values and qualities with researched healthcare leaders and managers
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for students or healthcare professionals, administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management roles, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants, and service providers in the health sector.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends