Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Team Building in Healthcare: How to Manage and Mentor a High Performing Team
Profound team management strategies for modern healthcare leaders
Are you looking to raise your awareness – and build better skills in – team building and development?
This self-paced team-building course will give you the opportunity to build the skills required to lead a high performing team, better manage conflict.
You’ll also have the chance to learn how to communicate effectively with and engage teams to perform better through the use of expert coaching techniques.
Learn how to lead a team with coaching methods
What makes an effective, high performing team?
This course will examine the different methods employed by teams that succeed.
You’ll look at various types of teams and groups as you analyse how they function and how the coaching approach can be used to build better, stronger teams.
Use the Thomas Kilmann Mode Instrument to deal with conflict in a team
Healthy and constructive conflict is a key component of all high functioning teams. But how do you prevent it from becoming destructive?
On the course, you’ll learn how to succeed at managing conflict in the workplace.
You’ll explore the different methods of conflict management and learn conflict resolution skills and techniques, including the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI).
This powerful technique is a leading measure of conflict-handling. It shows you whether you’re overusing or underusing one or more of five conflict-handling modes: collaborating, competing, compromising, accommodating, and avoiding.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the differences between a team and a group
- Appraise methods to build and develop a team including collaboration
- Apply conflict resolution techniques to team working
- Explore ways of giving and receiving constructive feedback from peers
- Evaluate the elements required for high performing teams
- Critically evaluate how to lead and how to manage modern healthcare teams
- Explore using a coaching approach within healthcare teams
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for students or healthcare professionals, administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management roles, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants, and service providers in the health sector.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends