- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Team Building in Healthcare: How to Manage and Mentor a High Performing Team
Profound team management strategies for modern healthcare leaders
Are you looking to raise your awareness – and build better skills in – team building and development?
This self-paced team-building course will give you the opportunity to build the skills required to lead a high performing team, better manage conflict.
You’ll also have the chance to learn how to communicate effectively with and engage teams to perform better through the use of expert coaching techniques.
Learn how to lead a team with coaching methods
What makes an effective, high performing team?
This course will examine the different methods employed by teams that succeed.
You’ll look at various types of teams and groups as you analyse how they function and how the coaching approach can be used to build better, stronger teams.
Use the Thomas Kilmann Mode Instrument to deal with conflict in a team
Healthy and constructive conflict is a key component of all high functioning teams. But how do you prevent it from becoming destructive?
On the course, you’ll learn how to succeed at managing conflict in the workplace.
You’ll explore the different methods of conflict management and learn conflict resolution skills and techniques, including the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI).
This powerful technique is a leading measure of conflict-handling. It shows you whether you’re overusing or underusing one or more of five conflict-handling modes: collaborating, competing, compromising, accommodating, and avoiding.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the differences between a team and a group
- Appraise methods to build and develop a team including collaboration
- Apply conflict resolution techniques to team working
- Explore ways of giving and receiving constructive feedback from peers
- Evaluate the elements required for high performing teams
- Critically evaluate how to lead and how to manage modern healthcare teams
- Explore using a coaching approach within healthcare teams
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for students or healthcare professionals, administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management roles, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants, and service providers in the health sector.
Discover how to enhance your emerging healthcare management career through practical leadership theories and personal development.