Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Modern Leadership Styles: What Makes a Good Leader in Healthcare Management
Learn to to manage the challenges facing leaders and managers in healthcare
What are the priorities facing managers and leaders in contemporary healthcare, and how can you effectively navigate them?
This self-paced healthcare management course will contextualise the global challenges faced by health service leaders and managers in the 21st century.
You’ll discover how appraising relevant theories, devising arguments to defend your strategies, and displaying certain characteristics can help you be a more effective and successful leader on a global stage.
How to succeed in global healthcare management
What does the future look like for healthcare leaders – and how can you prepare?
On this course, you’ll learn how good leaders and managers operate in a global context.
You’ll have the opportunity to examine the role of leadership framed through healthcare in the 21st century, exploring the fundamental challenges that leaders face internationally.
Learn from critical management strategies and leadership theories
Critical analysis is key to becoming a better leader. This course will show you how to analyse different management theories and effective leadership styles in healthcare.
You’ll also get to grips with the qualities of the contemporary healthcare leader, and ask: what are the characteristics of a leader, and how can I take these on in my own career?
Begin your own leadership journey
Leadership careers are made over years of learning, skill building, and experience. Once you have reviewed the theory, you will have the chance to consider your own personal leadership journey.
You’ll look at the future for healthcare leaders, and reflect on how your own career fits into that vision.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand leadership and management in a global healthcare context
- Critically appraise leadership and management theories for the 21st Century Healthcare Leader
- Identify personal areas for development to be a modern healthcare leader
- Explore the challenges facing global Healthcare Leaders and managers today
- Devise and sustain arguments for the necessary characteristics and strategies of a modern healthcare leader
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for students or healthcare professionals, administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management roles, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants, and service providers in the health sector.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends