- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Develop Your Social Media Content Strategy
Discover how to create content for social media
Social media content is the essence of your brand’s online personality. Good content allows brands to express their voice, make the case for products or services, and drives social engagement with customers.
On this social media management course, you’ll learn how to create content on social media that meets your strategic goals.
Learn how to plan your social media budget
Each social platform comes with its own tribes. Understanding this will be a key part of your social media content plan. The first week of this course will look at how to align your audience with the social platforms.
You’ll learn the difference between owned, earned, and paid social media, and consider how you can justify and make a business case for your social media budget
Explore social media content formats and pillars
Once you’ve identified the best platform for driving social engagement, you’ll need to think about the type of content to engage them with.
You’ll discover how to define your content pillars, as well as the topics, areas and social media content formats that interest your customer-base.
Implement your social media content plan
The final week of the course will teach you how to create and implement your content plan.
Social media is a living, breathing space. Your social media content plan will be affected by events in the real world. Accordingly, you will learn how to develop reactive alongside planned content.
With the insight gained from this social media management course, you’ll be ready to create an effective social media content strategy that drives engagement with your audiences.
- Aligning your audience and social platforms
- Paid, owned and earned social media
- Funding your social media channels
- Justifying your budget
- Defining content pillars
- Content format
- Planning your social media content
- Reactive and planned social media content development
- Tips for implementing your content plan
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the right platforms to reach your audience
- Assess which candidates are using which platforms
- Compare paid, owned and earned media
- Explore how to manage your social media budget
- Investigate what your content pillars should be
- Discuss the strength of each content format, and which format works best on which platform
Who is the course for?
This digital marketing course is aimed at current or aspiring social media managers.
It is assumed learners will have created social content as part of a multichannel marketing campaign, and have a basic understanding of social media metrics.
Learn how to create an engaging social media strategy, improve brand image and social engagement online, and measure your results