This course is part of the How to Create a Social Media Strategy ExpertTrack
How to Develop Your Social Media Content Strategy
Discover how to plan effective content as part of your social media strategy on this digital marketing course.
Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
How to Develop Your Social Media Content Strategy
Discover how to create content for social media
Social media content is the essence of your brand’s online personality. Good content allows brands to express their voice, make the case for products or services, and drives social engagement with customers.
On this social media management course, you’ll learn how to create content on social media that meets your strategic goals.
Learn how to plan your social media budget
Each social platform comes with its own tribes. Understanding this will be a key part of your social media content plan. The first week of this course will look at how to align your audience with the social platforms.
You’ll learn the difference between owned, earned, and paid social media, and consider how you can justify and make a business case for your social media budget
Explore social media content formats and pillars
Once you’ve identified the best platform for driving social engagement, you’ll need to think about the type of content to engage them with.
You’ll discover how to define your content pillars, as well as the topics, areas and social media content formats that interest your customer-base.
Implement your social media content plan
The final week of the course will teach you how to create and implement your content plan.
Social media is a living, breathing space. Your social media content plan will be affected by events in the real world. Accordingly, you will learn how to develop reactive alongside planned content.
With the insight gained from this social media management course, you’ll be ready to create an effective social media content strategy that drives engagement with your audiences.
What topics will you cover?
- Aligning your audience and social platforms
- Paid, owned and earned social media
- Funding your social media channels
- Justifying your budget
- Defining content pillars
- Content format
- Planning your social media content
- Reactive and planned social media content development
- Tips for implementing your content plan
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the right platforms to reach your audience
- Assess which candidates are using which platforms
- Compare paid, owned and earned media
- Explore how to manage your social media budget
- Investigate what your content pillars should be
- Discuss the strength of each content format, and which format works best on which platform
Who is the course for?
This digital marketing course is aimed at current or aspiring social media managers.
It is assumed learners will have created social content as part of a multichannel marketing campaign, and have a basic understanding of social media metrics.
Who will you learn with?
Writer, presenter, educator & speaker on technology & social media. More at https://willfrancis.com
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn