Weekly study3 hours
Introduction to Emerging Technologies in a Professional Kitchen
The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 and is the leading independent CPD accreditation institution operating across industry sectors to complement the CPD policies of professional and academic bodies. Find out more.
Optimise your kitchen’s operations with emerging and SMART technologies
Emerging technologies, from AI to Cloud technology, have the potential to revolutionise professional kitchen operations.
On this two-week course, you’ll discover new technologies being used in kitchens and explore strategies to implement them in your own workplace.
Explore the types of emerging technologies being used in professional kitchen practices
On this course, you’ll examine a range of technologies and how they can improve kitchen practice and management.
You’ll discover how technology has influenced the equipment used in kitchens, and investigate the benefits and challenges of technology applications.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to assess your workplace’s needs and plan your own implementation.
Discover how to optimise processes from inventory control to resource management
By embedding new technologies into your current processes, you can increase efficiency and improve controls.
You’ll learn how to optimise processes, from menu engineering to purchasing and stock control. You’ll also discover how AI technology and Smart Assistants can benefit your operations.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to improve food safety and quality, and create a more sustainable, efficient kitchen.
Introduce emerging technologies to your kitchen through employee training and development
Technology can benefit your employees by streamlining processes and improving employee management systems.
You’ll explore strategies to introduce these technologies to your staff and demonstrate the benefits to their work and wellbeing.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand how to adopt new technology throughout professional kitchens, from stock control to employee management. With this knowledge, you can begin to use new technology to improve processes within your workplace.
- Brief history of kitchen technology.
- Benefit of adopting technology in the workplace.
- The IOT, Cloud Technology and Management Systems.
- Food Purchasing Systems and Inventory Control.
- Modern Cooking Technologies.
- Employee Management, Training and Development.
- Resource and Energy Management.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the benefits and challenges when implementing technology into the kitchen.
- Describe the IoT and understand Cloud Technology.
- Explain how technology can improve the quality and safety of food and inventory control.
- Discuss the benefits of technology to Menu Engineering.
- Identify the significant modern cooking technologies and describe how introducing a Smart Assistant could benefit the kitchen.
- Explain how technology impacts and benefits employees at work.
- Describe how sustainable practices can be improved when incorporating technology into the kitchen.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the kitchen.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professional chefs, or chefs in training, as well as those within the culinary education industry who wish to know more about how to optimise kitchen processes through emerging technologies.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.