Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 6
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Future Ready: Fundamentals to R for Data Science
R is rapidly becoming the leading language in data science and statistics. Today, R is the tool of choice for data science professionals in every industry and field. Whether you are a full-time number cruncher or just the occasional data analyst, R will suit your needs.
This introduction to R programming course will help you master the basics of R. In seven sections, you will cover its basic syntax, making you ready to undertake your own first data analysis using R. Starting from variables and basic operations, you will eventually learn how to handle data structures such as vectors, matrices, data frames and lists. In the final section, you will dive deeper into the graphical capabilities of R, and create your own stunning data visualisations. No prior knowledge in programming or data science is required.
What makes this course unique is that you will continuously practise your newly acquired skills through interactive in-browser coding challenges using the DataCamp platform. Instead of passively watching videos, you will solve real data problems while receiving instant and personalised feedback that guides you to the correct solution.
This course is designed to give you practical experience in executing commands using R. In this course you will learn the basic syntax of R and prepare you for data analysis using R. Starting with variables and basic operations, we will learn how to handle data structures such as vectors, matrices, data frames, and lists, and we will delve deeper into the graphical capabilities of R to create data visualisation.
Course Outcomes The following are the course learning objectives:
The R language fundamentals and basic syntax What R is and how it’s used to perform data analysis The major R data structures How to create visualizations using R
- R language
- Data frames
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Applied Introductory R language fundamentals and basic syntax
- Described What R is and how it’s used to perform data analysis
- Evaluated major R data structures
- Designed your own visualizations using R
Who is the course for?
If you’re just starting your journey to become a data scientist, or you’re just curious to learn about R, then you’re in the right place! This course is the best way to start learning R, and no prior knowledge or technical background is required. If you’re a more advanced learner, or already a seasoned R user, stick around the discussion group and perhaps help your fellow students.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends