- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 6
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Future Ready: Data Query with Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
In this course, we will introduce you to the various ways in which you can use Transact-SQL to query data in a database, taking you from your first SELECT statement through to building complex transactional logic.
Transact-SQL is an essential skill for data professionals and developers working with SQL databases. With this combination of expert instruction, demonstrations, and practical labs, you’ll step from your first SELECT statement through to implementing transactional programmatic logic.
Work through multiple modules, each of which explore a key area of the Transact-SQL language, with a focus on querying and modifying data in Microsoft SQL Server or Azure SQL Database. The labs in this course use a sample database that can be deployed easily in Azure SQL Database, so you get hands-on experience with Transact-SQL without installing or configuring a database server.
- Introduction to Transact-SQL
- Querying Tables with SELECT
- Querying Multiple Tables with JOIN
- Using Set Operators
- Using Functions and Aggregating Data
- Using Subqueries and APPLY
- Using Table Expressions
- Grouping Sets and Pivoting Data
- Modifying Data
- Programming with Transact-SQL
- Error Handling and Transactions.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Create Transact-SQL SELECT queries
- Work with data types and NULL
- Query multiple tables with JOIN
- Use functions and aggregate data
- Explore set operators
Who is the course for?
- Aspiring database professionals
- Application developers
- Anyone preparing for SQL Server certification exams.