- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $44
The Role of Vaccines in Preventing Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Resistance
Explore the impact of vaccines on infectious diseases and AMR
Vaccines are instrumental in protecting people against infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). On this course, you will investigate the role of vaccines in preventing these diseases and explore case studies that demonstrate successful strategies.
After taking this course, you will understand how vaccines work and are used globally in low, middle and high-income countries. You will also appreciate the factors influencing the availability and uptake of vaccines and understand the important role they play in managing infectious diseases and preventing AMR.
- What are vaccines and how do they work
- The impact vaccines have had on saving lives
- Barriers to the universal use of vaccines
- The potential for vaccines to help address antimicrobial resistance
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the basic principles of how vaccines work
- Evaluate the impact of vaccines on infectious diseases
- Describe how vaccines are currently used in higher and lower income countries
- Describe the factors that influence vaccine deployment and uptake
- Assess the potential pipeline of future vaccine development to prevent AMR and infectious diseases
- Evaluate the challenges for novel vaccine development
Who is the course for?
This course is for healthcare professionals working in any setting and individuals interested in gaining more knowledge on vaccines and how they save lives.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #VaccinesAMR to talk about this course on social media.