Understanding Food Supply Chains in a Time of Crisis
Explore contingency plans for ensuring food security during COVID-19 in Europe.
Please note this course runs without facilitation
Movement restrictions imposed due to the coronavirus are leading to an increase in food stockpiling, and there are concerns the agri-food supply chain won’t keep up with demand.
On this course, you’ll learn how the pandemic is challenging food supply chains and explore the steps taken by the industry to ensure food security and integrity.
You’ll discover the complexity of the agri-food supply chains and understand its codependency with other sectors such as transportation and packaging.
You’ll also hear from companies making a difference with innovative digital food services and solutions.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the stakeholders and reflect on the complexity of the food supply chains
- Asssess the consequences of a crisis on the integrity of the food supply chains
- Reflect on how you could contribute to a food supply chain solution.
- Describe the innovations that are helping stakeholders of the agri-food supply chains cope with increased demand
- Evaluate your own personal contribution to improving the sustainability of the food supply chain
- Explore the policies of national governments and the EU helping to improve the sustainability of the food system in your country
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for all EU consumers and citizens who are concerned about where their food comes from when normal life is disrupted.
It will be of particular interest to anyone looking for reliable information about how the agri-food supply chains ensure that food reaches our plates during crisis situations.
No prior knowledge is required on the subject to follow this course.
The Educator team has limited availability to answer questions or respond to your comments during this course. However, we encourage you to interact and support each other by posting your thoughts and comments and sharing your knowledge with other learners
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.