By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how adults learn online, and at a distance, drawing on key theories.
- Identify and evaluate a range of online teaching and learning methods in terms of their appropriateness for specific settings and learners.
- Identify and evaluate technologies for supporting online and distance learning in specific contexts, drawing on a range of experience and research accounts.
- Design online teaching and learning activities, courses and assessment that meet diverse learners’ needs, drawing on a range of evidence to support your design decisions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how online teaching, learning and assessment can be made safe and accessible to diverse learners.
You’ll have access to our online welcome area where you’ll be able to start conversations with fellow learners and read any announcements relating to your microcredential.
From 20 Jun 2022
Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners
Learn how to design engaging online courses and ensure your online teaching is safe and accessible for a variety of learners.
13 hours per week
Once you’ve successfully completed this microcredential, you’ll receive your academic credits from The Open University. You’ll have ongoing, unlimited access to the course materials.
15 UK credits at Postgraduate level from The Open University
You’ll receive an Open University certificate confirming that you have received 15 academic credits at postgraduate level 7. Credits are awarded on passing the final assessment. The assessment will require you to develop your own plan for taking teaching and learning online. The plan, accompanied by a reflective commentary, will form the summative assessment component of the course, for submission in the final week.
Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020