Delivered by UK’s top modern university
Coventry secured a gold rating in the UK government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and is the country’s top modern university in the Guardian University Guide 2018.
In this module you will become a business entrepreneur and learn through creating your very own business idea. We will deal with a variety of different topics, including business model thinking and innovation, business process design and analysis, dealing with complexity and adapting to change. It will enhance your knowledge of product design, quality management, and operations improvement. You will be able to identify good practice and areas for development within your own business environment capability and that of organisations in general.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
• Critically evaluate Business Model Thinking as applied within the context of developing a new business idea and understand, through practical application, the value proposition, the importance of a vision, mission and values for a business and business process mapping as a means to develop a business idea.
• Compare differing business models and understand reasons for their application to a variety of speciﬁc business environments including the development of a business idea.
• Critically evaluate case examples in relation to business processes, operations management and supply chain management in global contexts and apply this knowledge within a business development setting.
• Understand the concept of the business as a dynamic entity as a basis for creating successful and sustainable businesses.
• Evaluate the inter-relationships between business strategy, environment, stakeholders, culture, people and business requirements and apply within the context of business design.
Any questions? Read our FAQs