Next week: The meaning of images in the Book of Kells
Well done for reaching the end of Week 2 of our course. We hope you have enjoyed the videos and articles about the making of the Book of Kells.
Remember, if you would like to access more resources about this course, refer to the databank in Week 1.
Next week we will be exploring some of the most fascinating illustrations in the Book and the meaning behind them, including:
- Symbols such as the Chi Rho, the cross, and the lozenge
- The Virgin and Child page
- Eucharistic imagery
- The Evangelists
- Cats, fish and other animals
- The Temptation of Christ page
- The Arrest of Christ page
At the end of the week, you will get a chance to interpret a page and share your thoughts with other learners.
Join us in Week 3!
© Trinity College Dublin