Next week: Modern meanings
Well done for reaching the end of Week 3 of our course. We hope you have enjoyed the videos and articles about the meanings behind illustrations in the Book of Kells.
Remember, if you would like to access more resources about this course, refer to the databank in Week 1.
For the final week of the course, we will be exploring the use of the Book in modern times, including:
- Modern reproductions of the Book of Kells
- The Book of Kells as a modern Irish icon
- Exhibiting the Book of Kells in Trinity College
- The Book of Kells in literature, from classic James Joyce texts to Marvel comics
- Why the Book became a popular tourist attraction
We will be asking you to think about how you would curate the Book and sharing your thoughts with other learners.
Join us in Week 4!
© Trinity College Dublin