Reflect on your learning this week
In this week of the course you have:
- Considered the purpose of practical work in the science curriculum.
- Explored learning outcomes for practical work and how the structure of practical lessons support learning.
- Evaluated how progression in both practical skills and subject knowledge is supported in your scheme of learning.
- Discovered how conceptual frameworks, such as the Big Ideas of Science, can be used to create curriculum links.
Take a moment now to complete your weekly reflection grid, as introduced in step 1.1. In the comments below, share:
- Your key learning point for this week.
- What you wish to find out more about next week.
Your weekly reflection grids act as a record of your professional development. Keep them safe.
Coming up next week
In week three, the final week of this introductory course on curriculum design, we will look at how you plan for formative assessment within schemes of learning and the links between science, mathematics and literacy skills.
If you have questions from the course, you can submit them to step 3.13 and Mark will answer them in the question and answer session.
Keep marking each step as complete as your progress through the course. Further details on getting recognition for your CPD are on step 3.15.
© STEM Learning