Self assessment questionnaire
A) How did you approach the tasks?
- I was happy to have a go at further questions.
- I was reluctant to have another go but did decide to do them.
- I didn’t engage with the exercises the first time and I did not feel like trying them again.
B) How did you get on with the tasks?
- I got them all right.
- I got some of them right.
- I didn’t get any right/didn’t complete them.
C) How much did you enjoy playing around with numbers and data?
- I enjoyed working with the numbers and data.
- It was okay but I wouldn’t want to do much of this.
- I did not enjoy it at all.
D) How important is data to you?
- Data is a powerful way of comparing things and helping to support an opinion or an argument.
- I can appreciate that data is useful.
- I have no interest in data.
Your choices will give you an idea of your attitude towards working with data.
If you chose mostly 1s you are clearly engaged with data, find it reasonably easy to work with numbers and find using data of interest and of value.
If your answers are mostly 2s you need to think about whether you want to work harder and develop your abilities in data handling, or whether you keep informed but not absorbed in studies with data.
If you chose 3s data is clearly not your thing, but you do need to think about whether you want to be completely removed from data, since so much of our world revolves around data and decisions which affect all our lives are heavily influenced, and sometimes manipulated, by data.
© University of East Anglia