From course to resource
Throughout this course we have been professing the benefits of being kind to yourselves and your students. We have looked at how to do more with less, and how you can give students the space and time to try things out and be creative.
Throughout this course we planned to:
- condense the most important aspects for teaching online.
- focus on the immediate priorities.
- generalise and make some assumptions.
With this in mind, we want to lessen the load this week and remind us all that teaching and learning is not linear - as educators we are constantly reviewing, iterating, referring back to something we’ve seen that wasn’t relevant then, but might be useful now.
Instead of presenting you with lots of new resources and reading this week, we suggest you spend your time going back through earlier steps (such as 1.9 Resources to get you going).
Consider this course as a resource you can refer to in the coming weeks or months.
Considerations for using this course as a resource
- How can you make sure you’re using it efficiently?
- Are you Bookmarking comments that you found useful or inspirational?
- How else have you been collecting resources or noting suggestions or ideas?
- Could you find more people to Follow?
The goal for these final few steps is for you to see that the course has depth and that going back over the previous weeks should keep giving you additional value as a learner on FutureLearn and as a teacher with your students.