Introduction to week two
1. Our virtual and physical selvesAre we the same person online and off? How is our identity moulded through digital technologies? And what happens when we use technology to try and shape who we are? In this activity, we will explore how this digital identity might impact our wellbeing, and how our behaviour can be affected by technology and measurement.
2. ThemOther people can have a huge impact on ourselves and our personal wellbeing. What happens when we engage with people online? How are our lives increasingly being affected by what we do and don’t share online? How can negative online engagement impact upon our personal wellbeing? In this activity we will explore how we might engage negatively with others online and look at ways in which we can manage that negative attention.
3. The online/offline balancing actHow much time do we really spend online? What can happen if we spend too much time plugged in? And how can we work online without burning out and annoying other people? In this activity, we will share some hints and tips for improving our online and offline balance and using technologies in positive ways.
Aims and ObjectivesBy the end of this week you should have:
- considered how you present yourself online and how you can effectively manage your online identity;
- reflected on your own digital practices and the impact that they have on your digital identity and wellbeing;
- identified some strategies to manage the amount of time you spend online.
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.