Choosing the correct definition: your turn
We will pin a comment explaining the answers at the end of the week.
Your taskUse the Cambridge Learner’s Dictionary Online to find the correct definition for one of the words in bold below.Think about the context of the video and choose the correct definition of the word from the options in the dictionary.
- A successful Coventry University student is confident, resilient, understands their subject in detail, knows where they have gaps in their knowledge;
- A successful student is somebody who’s curious, is not afraid to ask questions and challenges their peers and tutors to find answers;
- I think we look for our students to engage in the learning process, to become part of a learning community;
- In terms of the way we teach, we teach in interactive, engaged ways; or
- Group work can be really difficult if you’re not familiar with it … because you’re dependent upon other people and how you motivate other people to deliver their best.Add your choice of definition to the comments. Try to say why you think your definitions are correct.See if the other learners on the course agree with you. If you think somebody else has chosen the wrong definition, reply to them and try to explain why you think their choice is incorrect.
English for Academic Study
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.