Complex oral antibiotic therapy within OPAT – An introduction
- reduce the risk of serious antibiotic related adverse effects (AEs)
- respond to AEs quickly if they do occur
- oversee therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) for clinical situations requiring it
- optimise clinical efficacy
- minimise antibiotic exposure and the emergence of resistance
- facilitate patient discharge from hospital, or admission avoidance, if clinically appropriate
- primary care
- emergency and ambulatory care departments
- medical and surgical sub-speciality wards following an inpatient admission
- our own service (i.e. being switched from OPAT to COPAT)
- our combined OPAT-Podiatry clinic
- local general and sub-speciality infection clinics
Intravenous to Oral Switch: Within Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (IVOST)
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.