Relating physical characteristics with distribution network choices
- Dairy goods come from farms and cows
- They all need to be kept chilled to preserve them
- Dairy products are all a similar size and have similar handling characteristics
- Their packaging must be hygienic to assist handling and give consumers the confidence that the product is edible
- This means that logistics resources and assets can be shared throughout the supply chain
Your taskConsider the physical characteristics of your grocery shop – and how the goods get to the store.
Principles of Global Logistics Management
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.