Summary of week 1
- Discovered how volunteers play an important role in relating STEM to young people.
- Found where to get ideas for practical activities by looking at resources available.
- Started to consider how these resources and activities may need to be adapted for different audiences.
ReflectTake a moment now to reflect on your learning and record your progress. In the comments below, post your responses to the following questions:
- What have you found out this week that was new or surprised you?
- What do you want to find out more about?
- How have your ideas about volunteering with young people changed?
Inspiring Young People in STEM: Resources for Activities and Promoting Diversity
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.