Week 3: Strategies for being healthy
- Professor Rose Anne Kenny talks with Professor of Psychology Ian Robertson about what ‘healthy’ ageing is and why it is important for successful ageing.
- Head of Physiotherapy Juliette Hussey looks at exercise for successful ageing – how much you should do – and strategies for increasing exercise in your daily life.
- Our expert on walking Dr Orna Donoghue will answer why walking is the new ‘wonder drug’ for older adults.
- Associate Professor in Human Nutrition Maria O’Sullivan and Deirdre O’Connor will be exploring nutrition for healthy ageing, strength training, and how to increase protein in your diet.
- Research Assistant Professor in Psychology Sabina Brennan is back with practical tips for improving your brain health, and why this is so important for successful ageing.
- Age Friendly Ireland will discuss the impact your environment has on successful ageing, and what you can do to improve the places where you live, work and play.
- Professor in Psychology Fiona Newell looks at improving your multisensory and spatial abilities.
Strategies for Successful Ageing
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.