How do you create your online content plan?
To create an online content plan, you’ll need to bring together everything you’ve explored and discussed in the course so far.
Follow these five steps:
- Determine your objectives What goal are you hoping to achieve? What change or activity do you want to deliver? How will you know if this has been achieved? How will you measure this?
- Identify and understand your potential audience Where might they be found? What are their interests and priorities?
- Generate content ideas What’s going to work to deliver or get you closer to your objectives? Which platforms will you use for each type of content? Will you include a range of different approaches and treatments, eg lists, reviews, how-to guides, a gallery, behind-the-scenes, and so on.
- Use the right language Think about tone of voice, style, format, making sure it’s appropriate to the brand, audience and platform.
- Create a content calendar You can find easy to use templates on sites like HubSpot, but a simple calendar should outline when, where, what, who for, how you will measure impact, and any keywords.
What do you think?
In the next step, you’ll have an opportunity to use the template in the Downloads section to generate content for a case study.
How might you go about getting the answers to the questions you need to consider for a content plan?
Discuss your ideas with other learners in the Comments section.
© University of Leeds