What have we learned this week?
This week you learned about:
- Defining what we mean by disaster
- Changing nature of disaster
- The importance of organisational preparedness for humanitarian response
- How the current system limits preparedness activities
- An overview of the disaster preparedness and anticipatory response process
Coming up next week
Next week we will be covering the following areas:
- Discuss why we help others
- Explore the core humanitarian principles
- Discuss the challenges and the potential humanitarian dilemma
Time to reflect
This week gave you a taster of the themes affecting disaster management.
Review your contribution to the discussion area and revisit your notes that you collated.
Write up a reflection on your thoughts so far:
- What did you learn this week that was new to you?
- Are there any additional themes that you would like to learn more about?
- Were there any comments that you read from other learners that changed your perception?
Share your thoughts and reflections in the discussion area.
© Coventry University. CC BY-NC 4.0