- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $44
Understanding Food Supply Chains in a Time of Crisis
Explore contingency plans for ensuring food security during COVID-19 in Europe.
Please note this course runs without facilitation
Movement restrictions imposed due to the coronavirus are leading to an increase in food stockpiling, and there are concerns the agri-food supply chain won’t keep up with demand.
On this course, you’ll learn how the pandemic is challenging food supply chains and explore the steps taken by the industry to ensure food security and integrity.
You’ll discover the complexity of the agri-food supply chains and understand its codependency with other sectors such as transportation and packaging.
You’ll also hear from companies making a difference with innovative digital food services and solutions.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the stakeholders and reflect on the complexity of the food supply chains
- Evaluate the consequences of a crisis on the integrity of the food supply chains
- Reflect on your own personal contribution to the problem and explore how you could contribute to the solution.
- Investigate how changes in the way we shop, cook and store food can help reduce food waste.
- Explore the innovations that are helping stakeholders of the agri-food supply chains cope with increased demand
- Engage with the policies of national governments and the EU and minimise the food supply chains disruptions
- Explore the control measures in place to ensure the integrity of our food supply chains
- Reflect on the challenges of bringing food to your plates during a crisis situation
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for all EU consumers and citizens who are concerned about where their food comes from when normal life is disrupted.
It will be of particular interest to anyone looking for reliable information about how the agri-food supply chains ensure that food reaches our plates during crisis situations.
No prior knowledge is required on the subject to follow this course.
The Educator team has limited availability to answer questions or respond to your comments during this course. However, we encourage you to interact and support each other by posting your thoughts and comments and sharing your knowledge with other learners
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: