Flipping your online classroom
Task 1Watch Lindsay and Marie Therese speaking about flipping your online classroom. Put the lesson stages in order.
|The learner spends lots of time practising the language.||The teacher creates or curates a short video presentation of the language.|
|The teacher checks answers to the task and does some short clarification tasks.||Learners watch the video for homework and complete a task.|
Task 2Lindsay mentioned different ways of creating or curating video presentations of language that learners watch at home. Click on the links below to watch four different types of videos. What do you think are the benefits and potential drawbacks of each type? A screencast made by the teacher. A video made by the teacher.
Want to keep
Cambridge Assessment English online course,
Teaching English Online
Task 3 (Optional)We think it might be a good idea for you to practise making a video or a screencast presenting a grammar structure or some vocabulary items to learners you typically teach.
- Choose a grammar structure or some items of vocabulary.
- Think about how you’re going to present it in context and how you’re going to clarify the meaning, form and pronunciation.
- Create a video that’s no more than about five minutes long.
- When you have finished, share your video on our Padlet here.
- Watch one or two other videos and think about how you could improve yours.
- Use the Video option in Padlet and record it directly onto the site.
- Use the camera on your mobile device or laptop/PC, save the video in the cloud (e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox) and then share a link to that file on our Padlet.
Teaching English Online
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.