What is critical thinking?
Applying ‘thinking critically’ to your university studiesThe same ‘thinking critically’ techniques underpin your university studies, but you need to use these all the time while you’re studying. We hope that you’ll:
- Analyse what you’re learning and work out how to apply your learning to the real world;
- Understand how to do careful research in your subject area;
- Always be open to self-reflection to allow you to make decisions about your learning;
- Be able to contribute positively to a multi-perspectival and multi-cultural global environment.
- Being willing to analyse and evaluate logically
- Reflecting on your own and others’ perspectives
- Taking action
- is willing to follow logic;
- listens to other ideas and tolerates ambiguity;
- wants to keep up-to-date;
- has intellectual humility; courage; empathy; patience and perseverance
Study UK: Prepare to Study and Live in the UK
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.