Control measures initiated in response to climate change may generate food safety problems due to the novelty of the climate-induced issues (e.g. new pest species) and the unfamiliarity of farmers in dealing with them. It is important for the food chain to understand how this will affect the provision of safe food and food safety practices.Please watch the video and share any thoughts that you have about climate change in the discussion area below.
- Entail changes to crop yields
- Make conditions more suitable for disease development
- Intensify the threat from mycotoxins
- Add pressure to the already struggling wild fisheries sector
- Make traditional habitats no longer suitable for the current species
- Allow pests such as insects, weeds or fungi to continue to systematically move north and make the introduction of novel pest’s species highly likely.
Farm to Fork: Sustainable Food Production in a Changing Environment
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.