Technology for learning that sticks
As you watch this case study, consider what it reveals about the importance of purposeful use of education technologies and reflect on how the approaches might apply to your own context.
- Airplay – used with Apple devices and Apple TV to display content on a screen at the front of a classroom
- Nearpod – an interactive lesson creator
- Plickers – a quizzing tool where just the teacher needs a device
- Popplet – a multimedia mindmapping tool
- Quizlet – a flashcard and quizzing tool
- Showbie – an assignments, feedback and activity tool
- Socrative – an activity and quizzing tool
- Whilst Greg references the use of iPads, consider what might enable you to achieve similar in your own context if you don’t currently have a 1-1 iPad scheme.
Once you’ve read the case study, click the ‘Mark as complete’ button below and then select ‘Listen and respond: evaluating the use of audio feedback’ to view the next case study.
Using Technology in Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.