Congratulations! You have successfully completed this course!
- Explore how the Universal Declaration of Human Rights relates to your daily life
- Explain the significance of the UDHR to promote human dignity
- Justify the importance of upholding human rights
- Classify different types of discrimination
- Assess inequality in your community
- Contribute to the promotion of equality and non-discrimination
- Identify the impact of people standing up for human rights
- Engage in taking action for a more inclusive and participatory society
- Describe how the UDHR influenced the development of human rights laws and standards
- You can follow updates from and contact the Human Rights Education Team on Facebook.
- You can subscribe to our Education blog or view it here.
- Follow our global Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Learn more about human rights issues across the world on our global website.
- Read Amnesty’s global magazine, Wire, published to inform, inspire and empower people worldwide to take injustice personally. Wire is published four times a year in Arabic, English French and Spanish.
Defending Dignity: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.