Personal Trainer's Toolkit: Mental Health First Aid for Fitness Trainers
The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 and is the leading independent CPD accreditation institution operating across industry sectors to complement the CPD policies of professional and academic bodies. Find out more.
Develop an understanding of mental health conditions to support your clients.
This online Short Course designed by CQUniversity will provide an overview of mental health disorders and outlines the first response when encountering a person with a mental health problem, or experiencing a traumatic event or crisis. The course will outline appropriate strategies for the first responder to use in managing the situation until professional help is available.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Outline the incidence and causes of mental health conditions. Describe the appropriate response strategies recommended as a first responder when managing a person in crisis. Understand methods of managing the person once a crisis has deescalated. Discuss why professional help is recommended and list referral pathways in Australia.
Who is this accredited by?
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the incidence and causes of mental health conditions in Australia.
- Describe the appropriate response strategies recommended as a first responder when managing a person in crisis.
- Explain methods of managing the person once a crisis has desescalated.
- Discuss why professional help is recommended and list referral pathways in Australia.
Who is the course for?
This course is for fitness professionals. It will ensure that they are equipped to deal with the mental health issues that exercise and fitness training can present. It will enable trainers to understand and react to trauma and mental health concerns in their clients.
If you want to further your subject knowledge, you may be interested in these related courses, from the same provider, that share the same overall learning outcomes:
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Client Onboarding and Fitness Testing
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build an Outdoor Fitness Business
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Providing Nutritional Advice to Your Clients
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Developing Fitness Programs for Older People
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build a Health and Fitness Business Network
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Workplace Health and Safety in a Fitness Setting
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Building a Fitness Community, Client Retention for Trainers
Who developed the course?
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Our courses are designed alongside industry and many include hands-on, practical learning experiences and project-based learning. Our commitment to making real-world knowledge and skills accessible to all has seen us being awarded global recognition. We are ranked among the top 2% of Universities in the world.
World rankingTop 500Source: QS World University Rankings 2020
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.