Personal Trainer's Toolkit: Build an Outdoor Fitness Business
The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 and is the leading independent CPD accreditation institution operating across industry sectors to complement the CPD policies of professional and academic bodies. Find out more.
Operate a successful outdoor fitness training business with your clients.
Over the past 10 years, outdoor training sessions have grown by almost 40%. On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to tap into the potential of outdoor fitness to expand your personal training business and expose your clients to new health and fitness programs.
You’ll identify the key elements of operating an outdoor training business as a fitness professional, and how to increase your likelihood of success.
Understand community and local fitness
You’ll gain an understanding of your local population demographics to identify the gaps in the health and fitness market in your community. You’ll also develop high-level communication and client referral skills to effectively collaborate across sectors and with your customers.
To understand your responsibilities and duty of care as a fitness professional, you’ll learn how to manage clients and identify risk management procedures in your outdoor fitness training business. You’ll also examine the planning and delivery options available to you in an outdoor setting.
Study alongside experts at CQUniversity
This course has been designed alongside the fitness industry by CQUniversity, Australia’s leading regional university.
You’ll increase your knowledge with project-based learning from specialists in the field, and build your confidence to expand your fitness business to an outdoor environment.
Who is this accredited by?
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the key elements of a successful outdoor fitness training business.
- Reflect on the professional responsibilities and duty of care of the fitness trainer in managing clients.
- Explain training session planning and delivery options in the outdoor setting.
- Identify risk management procedures to consider in managing an outdoor fitness training business.
- Develop an understanding of local population demographics.
- Identify growing local health, fitness and community networks.
- Develop high-level communication and client referral skills to enable collaboration across sectors
Who is the course for?
This course will benefit you if you are looking to become a fitness professional, or you’re an existing personal trainer who wants to expand your skills and start your own business.
If you want to expand your subject knowledge, you may be interested in these courses from the same provider. They feature similar subjects and share the same overall learning outcomes:
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Client Onboarding and Fitness Testing
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Providing Nutritional Advice to Your Clients
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Mental Health First Aid for Fitness Trainers
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Developing Fitness Programs for Older People
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build a Health and Fitness Business Network
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Workplace Health and Safety in a Fitness Setting
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Building a Fitness Community, Client Retention for Trainers
Who developed the course?
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Our courses are designed alongside industry and many include hands-on, practical learning experiences and project-based learning. Our commitment to making real-world knowledge and skills accessible to all has seen us being awarded global recognition. We are ranked among the top 2% of Universities in the world.
World rankingTop 500Source: QS World University Rankings 2020
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.