Benefits of training
In summary, whether training is required as a response to needs that have arisen, or if it is part of a longer-term strategy, there are many potential benefits that make the investment of time and finance worthwhile.
Some of these benefits are listed below:
- Reduction of labour costs (skilled labourers will work at a faster rate)
- Reduction of defective products
- Reduced waste in production process
- Reduction in customer turnover
- Reduction in staff absenteeism
- Reduction in staff grievances
- Reduction in staff complaints
- Fewer accidents leading to lower insurance costs
- Fewer customer complaints leading to greater customer loyalty
- Employees become more adaptable and willing to change
Reflect on an example of training that you have undertaken in the past. Considering the four stages of the training cycle, answer the following:
- Which aspects of the training cycle were done well?
- Which could have been done better and how?
Share your evaluation with your peers in the discussion forum. Are there any common themes?
© Coventry University. CC BY-NC 4.0