The IELTS test is an internationally recognised standard for English speaking countries – passing this test can unlock huge opportunities to travel, study, and work abroad as well as teaching others to pass the test at home.
In recent years, Pakistani students have turned their focus to improving their English language and focusing on digital skills that can get them jobs both at home and in a variety of western countries. Almost half the population can now speak English, but that is not enough to be able to go and work and study in places like the US and UK.
What is IELTS?
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is a globally accepted testing system for accrediting people with second language English, for their proficiency. British Council, IDP (International Development Program) Education Australia, and Cambridge English Language Assessment are the joint owners of this testing system. If you want to pursue a university course in English or you want to gain approval for certain visas, you need to pass the course. People who aim to work abroad or study abroad need to be proficient enough in English, and IELTS is used as proof that they have achieved that level of proficiency.
Benefits of taking an IELTS course
There are several benefits of doing an IELTS course. With a variety of online courses on offer, you can do it from anywhere you are. Here are some of the benefits of studying for and taking the IELTS test.
1) Opens up global study opportunities
Many top-rated universities all over the world accept the IELTS scores when taking in international students. USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the UK are some of the countries where your band score will give you a better chance of getting a seat. If you are planning to study in a university in any of these countries, you must take the IELTS exam as part of the application process. With a good score on your profile, you will be one step ahead of the other candidates and may give you a better chance of success.
2) Helps with professional registration
If your chosen career requires professional registration when you work abroad, you may need to take the IELTS exam to prove that you can work effectively in an English-speaking country. An IELTS course offers tailored study and support to ensure that you have the best chance of passing and demonstrating your effectiveness when you apply for jobs abroad.
3) Provides structured study
If you already know some English and feel confident that you can pass a test, you may end up studying areas that interest you but will not directly improve your IELTS score. Structured study through an online course means that you will receive materials and support that are directly relevant to what you will see and be expected to know when taking the IELTS exam.
4) Helps your chances of visa approval
Depending on what visa you are applying for and which country you would like to live in, a good IELTS score could make the difference between getting a visa or not. Visas for permanent residency in Australia, working in Canada, working or even investing in New Zealand, and settling in the UK all require you to pass the IELTS exam as part of the process.
5) Ensures you can use British or American English
IELTS courses teach you grammar, spelling and much more from both British and American English so that you can be ready to confidently use your English skills across different countries. As you already know, the spelling, sentence construction and word use are different for British and American English. An IELTS certificate means you are proficient in both the language styles.
Prepare and practice for the IELTS online
Online preparation offers you the flexibility to study and practice around your current commitments – people who want to study abroad are typically already in education so need to add IELTS courses to an existing workload. If you would like to move abroad to work, you may need to fit your IELTS preparation around family life or an existing job – studying online allows you to do that with ease. By studying online, you will benefit from:
- Accessible: When you’re researching how to become a freelance writer, you’ll usually see a lot of information about copywriters. These professionals use their creative flair to craft copy (written material) that compels, convinces, persuades, and ultimately achieves a purpose.
- Cost effective: Online courses are often more cost effective than in-person courses as the business model and overheads are very different. You can even find a range of free courses to help you prepare for IELTS.
- Study at your own pace: Not everybody learns at the same speed – in a classroom environment you might want to learn faster than your fellow pupils, or you might want to spend more time around a subject that you find difficult. Online study lets you learn at your own pace, and go over things as many times as you want until you get it right.
- A choice of excellent teachers: Not all teachers have same level of efficiency when it comes to teaching for IELTS. There are some teachers with great experience and good student feedback. However, you may not be living in the same city as they do. The online courses can remove the geographical barrier and give you the chance to be taught by the best in the profession.
- Develop your self-discipline: Self-discipline is a virtue that you can learn if you are doing a course online. Even for IELTS preparation course, you need to dedicate some part of the day in order to go through the course material and maybe practicing what you have learned. Showing that you are a ‘self-starter’ and able to teach yourself can be an excellent trait in job or university interviews, or just as something that you can be proud of.
Geographical boundaries can stop you from going to another country or state, but it is never a boundary for education. Education is always global and it makes you a global citizen as well where you get equal opportunity in any country based on your talent. If English is the one thing that is holding you back from achieving your dream or studying in a different country, then IELTS is the way to go; with the online training on IELTS preparation as your guide. Take your first step towards success.