Tackling hand hygiene and HCAIs
- What hand washing/rubbing products should be used?
- Where should hand washing points be?
- When should we use hand hygiene?
- Who should perform hand hygiene?
- How do you educate a large hospital on hand hygiene?
- How can we make this a continuous and lasting change?
- Can we implement an audit of hand hygiene?
The WHO and the NHS both have guidelines on hand hygiene:
- WHO hand hygiene.
- NHS hand hygiene.
- NHS guidelines on how to wash your hands.
- WHO hand hygiene brochure.
Use the comments section to discuss what you think the most important factor for ensuring good hand hygiene is.
Please find a downloadable copy of the PowerPoint slides used in the video in the downloads section below.
Antimicrobial Stewardship in Veterinary Practice
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.