The value of information
- explore the value of information and information technology
- examine how technology can support a business to generate business value
- identify the different components of a business that benefit from technology investment
- analyse the role of information and communication technology to automate and informate business processes
- identify how information can be used to create a competitive advantage.
Meet the teamYour lead educator in this course is Associate Professor Lubna Alam who has 15 years experience in researching and teaching technology disruption and IT-business alignment.This course is also part of a unique set of postgraduate degrees offered on FutureLearn by Deakin University in Australia. It is the first course of five that together make up one of the introductory units for the Masters of Cyber Security.
Your taskTell us a little about yourself in the comments. Share with other learners what are you hoping to achieve through this course.
Competitive Advantage: Using Information to Build Business Success
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.