Tommy Hilfiger has collaborated with online learning platform, FutureLearn, to inspire change by designing and creating access to a unique portfolio of social impact educational courses.
Tommy Hilfiger, which is owned by PVH Corp. [NYSE: PVH], is launching a free online course centered around body neutrality and challenging body image stereotypes, hosted by body neutrality activist, actress and writer, Jameela Jamil. With the shared belief that creating a better future begins with creating the best versions of ourselves, Tommy Hilfiger’s meaningful, socially focused course will be available on the FutureLearn.com platform across mobile, tablet and computer devices beginning February 15, 2021.
The Body Neutrality course features a mixture of storytelling, dialogue, new social knowledge and progress celebrations, spread across two weeks, and can be completed at the user’s own pace.
In Week One:
- Discover: Introduction to the main course topics.
- Explore: Jameela shares her personal connection to Body Neutrality.
- Dream: Jameela shares her hopes for the future, particularly around the ubiquitous practice of airbrushing.
- Reflect: Reflection on how the week’s learnings can be applied in daily life.
In Week Two:
- Discuss: Reflect and prepare for the second half of the course.
- Challenge: Jameela explains the importance of self-talk and looks at some of the greatest challenges society faces today, including height and weight discrimination in schools. Jameela also shares how to best combat these challenges and reviews the impact they have on our daily lives.
- Action: Jameela speaks to specific ways to counteract the negative programming society has been conditioned with, and how to take action within your own life and communities.
- Wrap-Up: Jameela gives final summary and shares resources to further broaden Body Neutrality understanding.
FutureLearn is transforming education with its meaningful course material and making online learning enjoyable and accessible. To fully equip users with the tools and understanding needed to drive social change, Tommy Hilfiger has designed four additional FutureLearn courses focused on sustainability, LGBTQIA+ allyship and community building, which will launch in the coming months. Through the platform, users will have a safe space to explore diverse experiences, share their personal dreams and unique challenges.
Alongside the FutureLearn courses, Tommy Hilfiger will be giving a series of live talks on its global social channels to provide additional short form, snackable life hacks. Friends and followers of the brand are invited to join the conversation on social media using @TommyHilfiger and #TommyHilfiger.
About Tommy Hilfiger
With a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS, Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups. Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage. The TOMMY JEANS product line consists of jeanswear and footwear for men and women, accessories, and fragrance. Merchandise under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands is available to consumers worldwide through an extensive network of TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS retail stores, leading specialty and department stores, select online retailers, and at tommy.com.
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic Calvin Klein, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner’s, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True&Co. intimates brand. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues in 2019. That’s the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.