Review of the Week
Congratulations on completing the first week of Basics of Network Security.
This week we have:
- Introduced the basic principles of computer networks, network topologies and basic network devices
- Looked into cyber attacks and potential issues these can cause on network operations
- Discussed the principles and basic solutions in network security
- Scanned and analysed the exposure of a server with and without a basic security solution – firewall
Next week we will:
- Discuss the challenges of defending computer networks from cyber attacks
- Discuss the principles of Intrusion Detection Systems
- Implement and analyse the capabilities of a basic Intrusion Detection System
What are the key things you did this week and what did you learn from this?
© Coventry University. CC BY-NC 4.0