My Core is.......
Some leaders have a deep Core yet have a real unwillingness to reveal it. It can feel too self-centred to talk about ourselves, to reveal our Core, which would probably involve talking about our beliefs or values or family. As leaders we make judgement calls every day on how much we disclose around us. Although this may all be perfectly sensible, not revealing our Core is not an option for a leader in search of Cultural Intelligence because:
- developing Cultural Intelligence is a two-way process, and if we do not reveal much, neither will those we talk too
- generosity is a crucial part of Cultural Intelligence. Generosity of spirit seems to be something that crosses all boundaries
- people will think that we think we’re above them
- people will start to believe we don’t have Core, and with that, comes a lack of trust.
We have to reveal our Core to people if they are to trust us. The more opportunities we take to do this the clearer our Core becomes and we start to develop deeper relationships. Let’s practice this now in a safe space.
Post a 30 second video clip of yourself sharing what is Core to you?
Add your video to our padlet wall, including your FutureLearn profile name. Use password: DevelopCQSep2016
Double click to add a new post, or drag a file from your computer. On touch devices, tap and hold for a second before starting to drag.
At the bottom of the post, there are options to add a link, upload a video file, or take a picture from webcam.
- How do you feel as a result?
- What was comfortable/uncomfortable for you?
© Julia Middleton