Reflecting on the EPRG model
As part of the learning process it is important to critically reflect upon the value of theory.
To wrap up your investigation of the four orientations of Perlmutter’s EPRG model, reflect on the process you have just completed and the examples you have drawn upon.
Make some notes in your learning log on the process of reviewing the EPRG model. To get you thinking, you can use the following questions as guides:
- How easy was it to find examples?
- Were some companies able to fit into multiple categories?
- Can you think of any companies that do not fit with this theory?
- Did you find the theory useful?
- How could you develop this theory further?
Share the key points from your reflection with your fellow learners in the discussion area.
© Coventry University. CC BY-NC 4.0